|Loreburn Fined for Burning|
|Written by Sharon Vanhouwe|
|Friday, 15 June 2012 13:35|
The RM of Loreburn, south of Saskatoon, has been fined 28 hundred dollars for burning in their landfill.
The charges were laid as a result of a complaint received by the Ministry of Environment.
Conservation officers investigated and found that household garbage was being burnt, contrary to the RM's Permit to Operate a Waste Disposal Ground.
The RM had received warnings about burning in their landfill before.
According to the Ministry of Environment, the unauthorized burning of waste disposal can cause toxic chemicals to contaminate the air, land and water.
The Ministry does allow landfills to burn clean lumber and trees in areas separate from household garbage.