|Fire Results in Evacuation Downtown|
|Written by Sharon Vanhouwe|
|Thursday, 27 September 2012 16:41|
Just after 2:30 this afternoon (Thurs), the fire department was called to 315 22nd street east.
The caller was reporting a fire in the wall and smoke on the main level of the building.
On arrival smoke had filled the main floor but just a small amount of fire was found.
The remaining employees were evacuated and the fire was extinguished.
The fire was contained in the wall of a washroom and did not spread to the attic or adjoining businesses.
An investigation revealed a plumber had been soldering water lines.
The plumber discharged an extinguisher into the wall and then called 911.
Damage is pegged at about 4 thousand dollars.